Step-By-Step Guide to Playing Teen Patti
- A dealer is chosen randomly: A dealer is selected randomly from the players at the table. The dealer position rotates clockwise after each hand. In an online game, this happens automatically.
- Players place the boot amount: Before cards are dealt, each player contributes a predetermined amount of chips, known as the boot or ante, to the pot. This ensures there is some money in the pot to start the game.
- The dealer deals cards: The dealer deals or distributes three cards to each player, one card at a time, in a clockwise direction. The cards are dealt face down.
- The wagering round begins: Once cards are dealt, the betting or wagering round starts. Betting starts with the player sitting to the left of the dealer and proceeds clockwise. Players have the following wagering options:
Wagering Options in Teen Patti
- Play blind: A player can choose to play blind, that is, playing without looking at their cards. They place a bet directly. A blind player must bet an amount equal to the current stake or up to twice the current stake.
- Play seen: A player can look at their cards and become a seen player. A seen player must bet at least twice the current stake.
- Fold: If a player believes their cards are not good enough for playing or they don't want to continue playing, they can choose to fold. By folding, a player forfeits their previous bets and is out of the game for that hand.
- Show The game continues with players betting, folding, or revealing their cards (showing). A show occurs when only two players are left in the game and one of them requests a show. In certain game types, a show might occur automatically when the total pot limit is reached.
- Sideshow Sideshow is enabled only if a player has seen their cards and the previous player has also seen their cards. It can only be initiated when there are more than two active players left at the table. To request a sideshow, a player must pay a specified amount (n times the chaal amount). The sideshow amount goes to the pot, regardless of the outcome of the sideshow.
- Preselection of options: Players can preselect any of the above playing options during their opponents' turns. For example, players will be packed (folded) only during their turn even if they preselect the "pack" option during their opponent's turn. Players can unselect the checkbox if they want to cancel their preselection.
The game continues with players taking turns to bet, fold, and request a show or sideshow until a winner is determined. The player with the best hand or the last player remaining wins the pot.